it's the season of best-of nominations again. it's always a difficult task, but also a pleasure to revisit the previous issues, and send out the nomination mails to the award judges and the authors.
one the BluePrintReview stories already received some special praise: "The Library" by Jolie Braun made it into the Million Writers Award top ten stories of 2009.
here the BluePrintReview nominations for Sundress Best of Net 2010:
- George Moore: The Cork Trees of Alentejo
- Rose Hunter: Agave
- Patrick M. Pilarski: : nightfall, and / : at 37.000 feet
- Heather Hodges: Complexion
- Sean Burn: scarif
- Sam Rasnake: Studies in Window
- Robin Susanto: The Rain Connoisseur
- David Jordan: Father of the Suicide
- Christina Rosalie: Today More Coffee
congratulations and best of luck for the award!
(2 additional notes: Sundress timing: "The poem, story, or essay must have been first published or appeared on the web between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010" - for blueprintreview, this meant: issues 21, 23, and 24 (22 was the reprints-issue, with great work in it, too, alas not first published ;) - and the image above is a visual derived from the BluePrintReview archive page.)
to follow in October: the nominations for the Micro Award and for Pushcart.