main themes: moments - news - diary of

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Between the lines...

he said:
“so.. I don't know. It's like... you know?”

and she said:
“I know. I mean, you know, I thought about just that. This, you know, thought, you know, in between those lines.”

and he said:
“Yes, that’s it. It's what you're saying when you're not saying anything. It's the meaning between the words. The unspoken meaning. The subtext. I'm just saying is all, you know?”

and she said:
“I know. Thinking of it, someone said to me once, 'don't try to read between my lines, all there is are just empty spaces.' But then, I think, the things you are saying when you're not saying anything are really what you're saying, you know?”

and he said:
“Well, yeah, it goes without saying, you know?”

No comments: