main themes: moments - news - diary of

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sunset at Tiffany's



Yesterday, after a long long time, I was at home. The whole day. Such a difference it made. To read Breakfast at Tiffany's by Capote. A lovely little story along with a few of Capote's other short stories. Then by chance, I went up to the terrace, climbed another spiral staircase to the topmost part of the house. Just sat down there. Spoke for a while on the phone. And then... was rewarded by one of the most beautiful sights I have seen in a long long while.

The clouds that had hung low and gloomy all over the city the past few weeks had lifted. The sun was shining... and I could only watch in awe as the last rays of the sun dipped over the horizon, casting a rainbow spectacle even as the moon rose on my left at the same time. It was beyond words. Beyond beauty. I had my mobile there and I remembered to take a photo of the three rays just in time. They shine here now, carrying with them the healing rays of the Universe. To correct a step. To smile their way. To lend some hope. That is really not bad at all. Just not bad at all.

1 comment:

Wild Tea Party said...

Hello. I'm a random, just floating aorund with little to do so felt like reading other people's blogs. Writer's block does that to you.

Breakfast at Tiffany's...i love that. Love the movie too.