main themes: moments - news - diary of

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Finding a moment

An odd six months of my life, returning to the glassy world of downtown business and day jobs (temporarily), a world of layoffs and political intrigue (am I next?), of cash flow and cash spent (cranberry-colored suede shoes). A place where I have done good work and made new friends and rediscovered a side of myself I'd forgotten, backpacking and canvassing and working at home.

Last week I finally got dental insurance. My dentist took 20 x-rays; his assistant said she'd never seen anyone so happy to come in for x-rays.

In six months, hardly a moment to read a book or write an essay or book a trip to somewhere. Next week my first real excursion, to Las Vegas and then to the canyons of Zion National Park. I imagine only then will I be able to find perspective and see beyond the day to day...

No comments: