main themes: moments - news - diary of

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hyderabad

I had been to this city almost 18 years back. Then, it was a sleepy old city, a charming old relic of the past with its strange mix of Hindi and Telugu. Now it is the sister city to silicon success, the emerging computer capital to compete with Bangalore. Yet, the old buildings are still there.

Somehow, there is something in that city that captured me again. Perhaps it was the last minute rush to the old Hyderabad market to buy pickles, the teeming mass of people, the lights, the noise and then the wide roads so different from Bangalore...

yes, I admit it, I liked the city.
.

2 comments:

sand shadow said...

I feel that we are all relics when looked back on from the future. It is interesting that you seem reluctant to like the new Hyderabad...

SoulMuser said...

Ah! No... I do like the new Hyderabad. Amidst the old chaos there is a new chip of success. Perhaps it was not so much a reluctance to like the old Hyderabad as much as it was a search to still find what is just a memory in the shelves of my mind. Just a memory. Just a moment...in the relics of the past...