main themes: moments - news - diary of

Friday, April 01, 2005

day one, chapter two

I started my new job today. With a lot of support and encouragement from my friends and family. After so many years of working for myself, on my own terms, I plug in my iPod and take the subway to the financial district, take the elevator to the 21st floor, and sit at a desk all day. It's not quite that dreary--but during the company meeting, I had to fight an instinct to flee.

In fact it's sunny and the people are relaxed, with lots of lovely Irish accents. My products are fun. The woman I work for is passionate and idealistic and warm. They even have decent tea. I like the mile walk to and from the train--I found three lucky pennies today and wished on all of them.

We'll see how I'm feeling on day 50 and what the future holds, but this is the mood of the moment. Uncertain, a bit panicky, but occasionally quite pleased.

No comments: