main themes: moments - news - diary of

Thursday, July 28, 2005

The sun rising between U-Haul

"An enormous, hazy cloud of dust from the Sahara Desert in Africa is blowing across the western Atlantic and may result in brilliant sunrises and sunsets for the Florida peninsula." So said the news, so I made sure to bring my camera for my morning walk. I could not detect any dust, but the sunrise was subtly different.


As I took this photo, I noticed that the sun seemed to be rising between the old funeral parlor (the white building on the left) and the rental truck and trailer dealer (the row of trucks). The sun rising between U-Haul and, well, you could say it any number of ways, like U-Don't-Haul-Any-More, We-Haul-U, or U-Hauled. Not to laugh at lives ending, but sometimes life finds a way to remind us with a smile.

This Sahara-tinted dawn makes me hope that, when I complete this cycle of 'dust to dust,' I can add color to someone's sunrise. Or add my particles to a desert somewhere.

No comments: