main themes: moments - news - diary of

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The last candles night of the year

So tonight we will light the last of the Hanukkah candles.
It was sunny but cold this morning, and when I got into my car and with frozen fingers turned the key in the switch to turn the engine on, the radio said it will be raining tomorrow.
Well we can find endless of symbolism in life, and there I was thinking, the final candle tonight, and it's been sunny and bright each and every day of Hanukkah, of candles being lit every night. And tomorrow winter is back, real winter, grey skies, dark clouds - the whole nine yards...
So then it occurred to me, tonight, the final candle night, is the night to make wishes.
To close your eyes or simply stare at the dancing flame and ask for what you want for yourself, and for the people around you.
Ask for happiness, for peace of mind, for richness of life, for constant empowerment and creation... ask for growth and eternal love...
Dear artist souls, this is the place to make your wishes. Right here on this blog.
And this evening, the last day of candles this year, they will spread around all over, and return to your lives with soft waves of dreams coming true.

2 comments:

Do said...

Since i read this post, this song is playing in my head...

I'm wishing on a star to follow where we are
I'm wishing on a dream to follow what it means
And I wish on all the rainbows that I see
I wish on all the people who really dream
And I'm wishing on tomorrow praying it will come
And I'm wishing on all the loving we've ever done

..and now that it is night outside, i will go and sit in front of the window, wait for a star to appear, and make a wish

Diana said...

What a lovely wish. Thank you, Moon.

I was at a sushi bar last week on the first night of Hannukah, and the chef got a little tipsy and recalled going to a Hannukah party for latkes. He said his favorite part was the singing and proceded to hum along, while merrily slicing fish.

He didn't remember what Hannukah was for, except the party, but I recalled as much as I could remember about the miracle of light lasting for 8 nights. Maybe it will last a little longer to inspire us all.